7 August 2011

BBQ FUNCTION, Rob and Kate Buchele

My latest BBQ was near Weyhill, in Hampshire. I used to live in Monxton as Head Chef at the Mucky Duck which is nearby so I am quite familiar with the area. However, I was pleasantly surprised and in awe of the exquisite and spacious grounds surrounding a beautiful  thatched cottage. The garden space was very open and provided a fantastic setting to cook the BBQ menu that I had designed along with Kate to suit her guests. I was greeted very warmly by Rob and Kate Buchele and I set about unpacking my equipment and ingredients. I had an hour to set up so I had plenty of time before I needed to start cooking and I spoke a little with the hosts. During the evening, we chatted some more and I felt totally at ease with Rob, Kate and their guests who were all very friendly. It did rain a little later in the evening but it didn't seem to bother anyone as we changed the setting to indoors. It was very spacious in the cottage and everyone finished eating in the lounge and kitchen area where I also served dessert. I had a great evening and I hope that I get the oppurtunity to work again with such lovely hosts.


Menu

Ground beef burgers, 
Caramelized onion, roasted peppers, toasted cumin seeds, chilli and fresh coriander,
x x x 
Selected pork sausages, (Plain, Cumberland, Chilli and paprika)
x x x
Marinated chicken drumsticks in Tikka spice,
x x x 
BBQ Chicken breast and pepper skewers,
x x x
Salmon papillote, Chinese spices, chilli and ginger,
x x x 
Blush tomato and cheese bread,
x x x
Potato salad, Waldorf salad, Tossed salad,
x x x
BBQ sauce, Sweet chilli sauce, Basil hummus.

To follow:

Strawberry and vanilla cheesecake
or
Chocolate brownie, layered with Bailey's and chocolate cream.









"Gary
THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a FABULOUS BBQ you laid on for us last night!  The food was absolutely gorgeous and in abundance!  All our friends commented on how wonderful it was!  You were incredibly professional, calm and helpful – even helping us lug boxes of booze into the house when the heavens opened!  The sensational desserts seemed to appear from nowhere.

We will DEFINITLY be using your services again – if all our friends haven’t booked you first!

We are already looking to plan a ‘winter’ party now!
Many many thanks again – Fantastic!"
Quote from Kate Buchele.

No comments:

Post a Comment