22 August 2011

SAUTE CHICKEN, CHORIZO, SMOKED BACON & NEW POTATO SALAD,

Chopped leeks, roasted baby plum tomatoes,  fresh basil leaves,
wholegrain mustard vinaigrette.


I love cooking with sexy food ingredients with not too much fuss, allowing the individual flavours simply to compliment each other. This is definitely one of those dishes! I cooked everything in the same pan, colouring the chorizo and smoked bacon first. When the natural oils came out of the chorizo, I added the leek and saute for a further few minutes. Pushing the mixture to the edge of the pan, I then added the chicken and allowed to caramelize on both sides before adding the tomatoes and pre boiled new potatoes. Tossing a few times to warm through, I then added my homemade vinaigrette before dishing up and garnished with the basil leaves. We had some lovely ciabatta and olive bread to mop up all the delicious juices, making a great summer dish that took less than 15 minutes to make.






Hampshire,
07775560126

No comments:

Post a Comment