6 November 2011

PRIVATE DINNER PARTY, Joanna and Ian.



I catered for my latest Dinner Party for Joanna and Ian  who are getting married next year at Northbrook Park in Alton. They initially contacted me about my wedding services as I had previously catered for Andy and Issy's wedding there this year in June.  I travelled to their  home in London and met some of their family and friends to a provide a dinner party combined with a wedding tasting. It was a great way to sample my cooking and gain the opportunity to talk about what services I could offer and provide for their own wedding.

The journey driving through London on a Friday evening was quite a new experience for me so I was glad when I finally arrived and was able to set up. I was greeted very warmly by Joanna's family and was shown to their lovely new kitchen where I would be doing my preparation and cooking. I wanted to get back on schedule so I got my head down and began to organise everything ready for the starters. I met the rest of the family as they arrived and it was great to finally meet Joanna and Ian as we had exchanged many emails over the last few months. 

I had designed and tailored a banquet menu specific to Joanna'a and Ian's preferences so it was very bespoke to them. Joanna requested some Cypriot/Greek influence and also gave me a list of their favourite ingredients.  I was really looking forwards to presenting everything and getting necessary feedback from the evening. 




Menu


 To begin:

Individual mini lamb moussaka, 
x x x
Roasted figs, halloumi, Parma ham, honey and cinnamon dressing,
x x x
Char-grilled vegetable and hallouimi mille fuille,
x x x
Freshly made olive and rosemary bread, Camembert and Parma ham.
x x x
Smoked salmon maki, toasted sesame, pickled ginger, wasabi and soy,
x x x
Smoked salmon, wasabi crème fraiche, toasted sesame oil.




Main-Course: 

Lamb Kleftico: Individual cutlet of lamb,
Served on braised potatoes, onions and tomatoes, oregano, basil, capers and fresh lemon.

x x x
Duo of soy glazed duck breast and crispy duck pancake roll, 
Served with Paprika roast potatoes, honey and sesame roasted carrots,

x x x
Seared tuna, sesame and fennel seed crust, served on winter greens.



To finish: 

Banoffee and chocolate cheese cake, ginger biscuit base,

x x x
Lime and ginger brulee, honeycomb and caramel tuille,
x x x
Apple and cinnamon tartin, ginger ice cream.







Freshly made olive and rosemary bread, Parma ham and Camembet.
Smoked salmon maki, wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce.
Freshly made olive and rosemary bread, Parma ham and Camembet, Blush tomatoes.
Roasted figs, Parma ham and Halloumi, Honey and cinnamon dressing.
Individual lamb moussaka, Hallouimi and Mediterranean vegetable mille fuille.
Seared tuna, fennel and sesame seed, saute winter greens.
Lamb cutlet, Kleftico.
Seared duck breast, crispy duck pancake.
Chocolate and banoffe cheese cake
Apple Tartin, ginger ice cream.
Lime and ginger brulee, honeycomb and caramel tuille.


I have been in Catering and Hospitality for nearly twenty years and have always brought my best and the utmost pride into my work, putting my skills to the test. Weddings are very personal to everyone and this is where I see that my bespoke services will provide a great base to create the most memorable wedding banquet. I have several weddings already booked next year and know that  each will be extremely successful,  allowing word of mouth to spread my business.


"We all had such a fantastic night.  The food was amazing and it was a real luxury not having to lift a finger - particularly for my mum and aunty who are usually the ones slaving away in the kitchen at family get-togethers. The food was so full of flavour and beautifully presented.  You'd obviously put a lot of thought into the menu and Ian and I loved how it reflected our personal tastes.There were lots of food combinations we hadn't tried before but they all worked really well - especially the figs with halloumi and honey and cinnamon dressing. They were a huge hit with everyone!

Having now tasted your food, we are confident that you would provide a delicious and very special wedding meal for us.  

Thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put in - we really appreciate it"
Quote from Joanna Evans.

No comments:

Post a Comment