18 March 2012

PRIVATE DINNER PARTY, Romsey




Although I have a great base of clients that I love to cook for regularly, I attain equal personal reward and pleasure when I get to cook for someone new for the first time. It is really exciting coming up with new menus, relishing the thought of cooking in a new environment where I will be producing some great food for my hungry and expectant diners.

Tonight's Private dinner party was at a beautiful house near Romsey, where I was greeted by all the family, making me feel very welcome before I set up. I was shown to the kitchen, which was my idea of absolute heaven. A vast amount of work top space with a beautiful eight hob range to cook on, with two grand ovens underneath. The dining table was part of an open plan kitchen so I would be on full view of the guests whilst I was cooking away. We had a great menu planned so I was confident that everyone would enjoy the food and have a brilliant evening.


Menu


To Begin:


Sliced smoked duck breast, raspberry vinaigrette, caramelised figs, rocket leaves,
or
Warmed goats cheese and red onion tart, roasted baby plum tomato, balsamic dressing,


Main-Course:

Seared pork fillet, Slow roast pork belly, Sea salt crackling, Caramelised apple, 
Cider and Dijon cream sauce,
or
Mushroom stroganoff: Garlic, shallots, white wine, paprika, cherry tomato, mustard cream,

Served with:
Creamed potatoes, Saute greens, Glazed baby carrots, Asparagus spears, Tender stem brocolli.


To Finish:

White chocolate and fresh minted cheesecake, 
Chocolate coated cherry, vanilla tuille,




No comments:

Post a Comment